Community discussions

MikroTik App

etd
just joined
Topic Author

CRS317 to/from gateway speeds not where they should be

Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:38 pm

Hi, new to MikroTik and still kind of novice at networking in general. Glad to be here.

So I have a CRS317, just updated to 7.2.1 of RouterOS. My internet is through AT&T, I have a 5Gbps symmetrical connection. I'm positive that the problem isn't beyond the white BGW320-505 gateway/router that they make you use, because speed tests from that plus tests from my PC when it's directly connected to the BGW320 show that I'm getting about 4 up and 5 down. So far so good.

So far I haven't been able to match those speeds when I throw the CRS317 into the mix. For awhile the problem was the SFP+ module I was using, it always reported successfully auto-negotiating to 10G even though that's not supported by the BGW320 (there is one multi-gig port in the back which operates at 5G). This morning I switched out the module I was using for a MikroTik module, which did negotiate correctly and now I'm getting about a gigabit up and down. Good, but not where it should be.

The weird thing, to me at least, is that when I boot into SwOS now (also updated to the latest version, although there hasn't been much recent development on that I guess) I do get the full 5 down, although it's still stuck at ~1 up. Any ideas what could be causing this, or what to start looking at to troubleshoot this? Thank you so much!

EDIT: I have turned on L3 acceleration but it doesn't seem to be helping by itself...