Community discussions

MikroTik App

joebrandt
just joined
Topic Author

stxsq no access

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:17 am

I have four STXSQ modules for a client to have two network bridges to outbuildings on their campus. I was able to see and configure 3 of the four but the forth I can not detect on the network. It has LED's like the other three but I can not see it on the network. I have a wireless RouterBoard router connected to them and it is not seen in "Neighbors" nor does WinBox see it. I have tried every trick with the reset button that I found online to no avail. Any suggestions? I will try a magnifying lass to see the MAC address next, those labels are not for senior eyes. Thank you in advance, Joe Brandt.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: stxsq no access

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Network cable ? This also can be bad. RJ45 copper wires in proper place and condition ?
The other Routerboard, does it have ethernet port speed negotiation (status), or ethernet traffic of any kind coming from the SXTsq?

joebrandt
just joined
Topic Author

Re: stxsq no access

Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have swapped cables, power supplies, and switch ports and the symptom follows the unit.
I have since blown up a photo to discern the MAC and it is nor in the ARP table of my router.

As this was purchased by my client and not myself, i doubt I have any recourse except have them return it and get another.