MikroTik App

accarda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

L2 issue with a specific device

Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:49 am

Hi everyone,
I have an strange issue with a specific ipad device, which is not able to do regular network traffic only within the subnet where it's connected to.
For example, if I run a ping from this ipad to the router's IP for that subnet, no traffic is generated by the ipad (I have checked with packet sniffer).
However from the same ipad connected to the same VLAN, if I try to ping another device sitting on a different VLAN, I can see icmp requests and replies.
Currently the problem is only with this ipad device; I have a second ipad, when I set it to work on the same VLAN as the affected one, no issues at all.

So I know the network is OK, no issue with that.
What I'm trying to understand is whether there is something that I can do to mitigate such issue, since such ipad must communicate with a device within the same VLAN, but it has problem doing so due to the above issue.
Is it an ARP issue that ipad can't figure how to talk to devices on the same subnet ???
When using L3 communication within devices on other VLANs everything works fine from this ipad.

Do you have any idea or test that I can do to see whether I can apply something to the network settings to mitigate such problem ?
Thanks in advance.

accarda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: L2 issue with a specific device  [SOLVED]

Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:38 pm

Issue was about a privacy setting on iPad OS that manages whether or not each app can access local network devices.