Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jeanprimera
just joined
Topic Author

problems with antenna TL-ANT2412D

Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Greetings to the whole community. I am from Venezuela and I am helped by the online translator. I hope I can make myself understood.

My problem is the following: I have a grooveA AC 52 as AP and a RB750Gr3 as administrator, with the intention of creating a small network for mobile devices.
the groveeA AC 52 comes with a 6dbi antenna that gave me about 150mts for mobile equipment. I decided to buy a 12Dbi antenna to at least improve performance in those 150mts.
buy the TL-ANT2412D antenna and the performance is lower than the original 12dbi antenna. measuring the signal, it is almost the same as with the 6dbi antenna but it has worse performance. Lower CCQ, higher ping, with more losses.
I have tried various configurations. gain of 0 and 12, even the little recommended TX POWER at all rates fixed at 27dbm. I understand that mobile phones have limitations in bidirectional communication at more than 100ms. but I would at least expect the 12dbi (1.2m) antenna to perform better than the 6dbi (0.25m).
Any ideas that can help understand my problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeanprimera
just joined
Topic Author

Re: problems with antenna TL-ANT2412D

Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:11 am

I answer to myself. Researching in this same forum, I have read that the problem could be the height of the antenna and indeed it was. lower the height of the antenna and improve the signal a lot. the optimum height of the antenna is the floor (if customers are at floor level). you only have to raise it as much as necessary.