Community discussions

MikroTik App

diamuxin
Topic Author

Wireguard roadwarrior inside a bridge?

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Hello, is it possible that a roadwarrior type wireguard interface can be inside a bridge? I have tried and they are not available in Bridge/Ports. I need it to access a bridge-iptv (with IGMP Snooping enabled) from outside.

BR

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireguard roadwarrior inside a bridge?

Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Simple.................
Just ensure a firewall rule forward chain allows access from wg interface to IPTV interface etc.....

diamuxin
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:45 am

Simple.................
Just ensure a firewall rule forward chain allows access from wg interface to IPTV interface etc.....
OK, thanks.

BR.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:25 am

Hello, is it possible that a roadwarrior type wireguard interface can be inside a bridge? I have tried and they are not available in Bridge/Ports.
No. Wireguard presents IP / layer 3 interfaces. You can only add ethernet / layer 2 interfaces to a bridge.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:21 am

I didnt say one could a wireguard interface to a bridge, I meant that one can access subnets etc that are assigned to a bridge by means of a firewall rule.
Remote users coming into a route should be able to access subnets on the router with the right firewall rule setup, WANIP access (internet) etc....

What you are saying is that the wireguard interface is not able to be added to a bridge (like a port or WLAN),which is correct. THey can be added to interface lists, which has some uses..