Community discussions

MikroTik App

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

PCC Load Balancing with 2 Different PPPOE-ISP but single ip out

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:29 am

Hello. i am using PCC load Balancing https://aacable.wordpress.com/2013/12/0 ... oe-server/

problem is, 2 different isp has 2 different ip address. it is problem for me because some platforms like youtube and others doesn't support multiple connection. how can i use only single ip out but 2 uplink in same time? i made search for installing VPN but i can't made it.

here is a lot of valuable expert on mikrotik family. i am expecting help from you guys. Thank you so much for any kind of support

Best Regards

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PCC Load Balancing with 2 Different PPPOE-ISP but single ip out

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:04 am

46 viewer and 0 reply... Please guys, i need solution as soon as possible please help

i have 2 isp connection == 2 different ip address.

i want to rent server from remote datacenter, and want to connect to the public internet through this server. means if remote server ip: 1.1.1.1 i want to connect to the public internet with 1.1.1.1 ip not from any isp ip

Best regards

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:10 am

can i use only single ip out but 2 uplink in same time?
No one reply because what you ask is not feasible, not with the IP of one of the two connections. (Until you do not have same ISP and it configure something for you)

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:17 am

can i use only single ip out but 2 uplink in same time?
No one reply because what you ask is not feasible, not with the IP of one of the two connections. (Until you do not have same ISP and it configure something for you)
Hello, thank you so much for your answer. some people speak about creating VPN or tunnel between remote server and mikrotik is possible and solution for my situation. so i ask this question here ))

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:24 am

In the second post, you provide details not disclosed in the first post and you probably hide other details,
which only you know and which does not occur to you to tell them except as a result of other riddle questions.

Make a diagram with all the necessary information, and hope someone will help you.

Good luck.

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:25 am

It can be done, but you would need to set up vpn tunnels on each connection to a common remote server which is capable of handling the same throughput of those connections, route internet traffic through the tunnels, and then do the balancing between them. you will then get the single wan ip of the remote server because your traffic will be going through there. otherwise, it's logically impossible to avoid the 2 IP's

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 am

It can be done, but you would need to set up vpn tunnels on each connection to a common remote server which is capable of handling the same throughput of those connections, route internet traffic through the tunnels, and then do the balancing between them. you will then get the single wan ip of the remote server because your traffic will be going through there. otherwise, it's logically impossible to avoid the 2 IP's
Current situation:

When any client try to watch video on youtube or netflix, only single ip possible to use. means only 100 mbps is available for single connection.

targe senario:

if i can use OVH VPS server or any remote VPS server like a tunnel / bridge / VPN For connection out from remote VPS server ip, i can use multiple ISP link without problem in same time. Without limit.

I hope its explain better =)

Best Regards

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:39 am

In the second post, you provide details not disclosed in the first post and you probably hide other details,
which only you know and which does not occur to you to tell them except as a result of other riddle questions.

Make a diagram with all the necessary information, and hope someone will help you.

Good luck.
I hope this time i explained clear enough =)

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 am

i think it is not a big challenge for most of users of here.

Please mikrotik family, do not ignore me 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Best Regards

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:47 pm

I am confused for a number of reasons.
a. so you have three internet connections?
b. load balancing is for allocating new User sessions (outgoing from LAN) to a number of WAN connections, to use the available bandwidth available overall in a prescribed manner.

What is the purpose of your load balancing??

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:00 pm

I hope to explain for the user.
At "home" he has two internet connections,
which he would like to aggregate to have more speed to a remote server in the cloud,
through a MikroTik device which, in turn, has to make one (one is enough) VPN with the remote server,
and let users connected at "home" to surf VIA the remote server
(therefore via the Public IP of the cloud server, not that of one of the two connections)

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:07 pm

You still havent explained where this magic 3 internet connection is coming from.........

If you mean he plans to use one or both of the existing internet connections for this cloud connection then SAY SO CLEARLY AND DIRECTLY.

Otherwise, you are the only person on this planet that is aware of a new technology to attach a MT device to the cloud without any wires ;-PPPPP

===========================

Seriously, I still dont understand what the chap hopes to gain and its clearly too technical for me

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:23 pm

You have right...
Also the Images confusing ... where are connected the users???

It can be:
The Users are connected directly to RouterBOARD ethernet (not mind LAN internal network).

The RouterBOARD can use two separate 100Mbps conection from different ISP for reach 200Mbps up/down link to remote Cloud Server

The RouterBOARD must be obviously (at this point...) linked with two separate VPN (one for each ISP link) to the Cloud Server.

The Cloud Server use the illimited connection of the Datacenter.

All internal users must go to Internet only by the two VPN, and all must use the remote Cloud Server IP as unique Public IP to go on Internet.

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:50 pm

You have right...
Also the Images confusing ... where are connected the users???

It can be:
The Users are connected directly to RouterBOARD ethernet (not mind LAN internal network).

The RouterBOARD can use two separate 100Mbps conection from different ISP for reach 200Mbps up/down link to remote Cloud Server

The RouterBOARD must be obviously (at this point...) linked with two separate VPN (one for each ISP link) to the Cloud Server.

The Cloud Server use the illimited connection of the Datacenter.

All internal users must go to Internet only by the two VPN, and all must use the remote Cloud Server IP as unique Public IP to go on Internet.
I will uplaod new image with better / detailed explaination 🙏🏻

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:31 pm

I hope to explain for the user.
At "home" he has two internet connections,
which he would like to aggregate to have more speed to a remote server in the cloud,
through a MikroTik device which, in turn, has to make one (one is enough) VPN with the remote server,
and let users connected at "home" to surf VIA the remote server
(therefore via the Public IP of the cloud server, not that of one of the two connections)
Hello. Let me explain you with better picture.

this is real senario. not an example like first picture.

in my home, i have 3 different isp connection coming with DSL- PPPOE

so i have 3 different router and mikrotik HEX S router.

3 router working in bridge mode. all connection coming to HEX S and after PCC process, total capacity became 250 mbps. each port on access point and HEX S have 1 GBPS port.

Problem is, for example if any client at home will watch video on youtube or netflix etc. remote server accept only single ip connection.

for example if i have 3 different ip from 3 different isp, remote server saying "no i can't accept all connections from 3 ip. i accept single ( 1 ) connection only"

So, mikrotik sending traffic from 1 connection. Problem is, if client on Access Point has same public ip, like 1.1.1.1

other isp ports not under load.

When i made speedtest on speedtest.net i can see 240-250 mbps without problem. When i open video on youtube for example, i can reach max 75 mbps because youtube accept connection only from 1 ISP

now on this picture, some people said if your isp connections will be go public internet from single ip ( like VPN or tunnel ) remote servers ( youtube netflix etc ) will see only VPN / Tunnel ip.

so you will be able to use multiple ISP connection speed same time on any server. ( because they will not see 3 different ip. they will see single VPS ip)

I hope this is clear and better explaination. all i need using simple trick for bypass some remote servers for using all ISP connections in same time.

Best Regards

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:19 pm

That is very strange, we have three TVs in our house with three differnet netflix users, and we all connect with a single ISP connection.
Not sure where your problem lies ???
In addition there is a fourth account at another house with a different ISP and they use the same account as well different user name...........

In other words, the limitation may be your netflix account status and not the different ISPs, shouldnt matter........

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:36 pm

@anav: 3 NATted devices with 1 Public IP = For Netflix is 1 shared user on same home/family...

@balancer: 3 RANDOMLY NATted devices with 3 Public IP = On worst case for netflix is 1 shared account between 3 different house/family...

If the ISP is not the same, and is not applied bonding to the interfaces, 3 x 75 = 75, 75, 75
Only server than accept multiple IP connection for download same contents (like download big files in part between some sources, like "old" GETRIGHT) can reach higher speed
(And also I do not think all the server give infinite bandwith for each connected user/IP)

What the user finally explain is feasible, but I can not help, just suggest...
Put one RB on datacenter or install virtual machine with RouterOS inside, make 3 VPN (one for each connection) to remote vm-routeros, use the 3 connection as bonding
(and now 75 x 3 = 225) and finally force the internal LAN to be NATted remotely from vm-routeros.
When all is done, you have one 225Mbp/s line with double automatic failover, than appear to be only one connecction from the IP of Cloud Server / vm-routeros

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:01 am

@anav: 3 NATted devices with 1 Public IP = For Netflix is 1 shared user on same home/family...

@balancer: 3 RANDOMLY NATted devices with 3 Public IP = On worst case for netflix is 1 shared account between 3 different house/family...

If the ISP is not the same, and is not applied bonding to the interfaces, 3 x 75 = 75, 75, 75
Only server than accept multiple IP connection for download same contents (like download big files in part between some sources, like "old" GETRIGHT) can reach higher speed
(And also I do not think all the server give infinite bandwith for each connected user/IP)

What the user finally explain is feasible, but I can not help, just suggest...
Put one RB on datacenter or install virtual machine with RouterOS inside, make 3 VPN (one for each connection) to remote vm-routeros, use the 3 connection as bonding
(and now 75 x 3 = 225) and finally force the internal LAN to be NATted remotely from vm-routeros.
When all is done, you have one 225Mbp/s line with double automatic failover, than appear to be only one connecction from the IP of Cloud Server / vm-routeros
Finally someone understand what i need.. Jesus

Yes i want to use 3 isp connection ip like a nat and going out public with single ip

also i don't care about netflix accounts. it was just an example. imagine for youtube. try watch video from same PC and you gonna see load will be only in 1 ISP even if you have 4-5 backup line.

My 3 connection is 2 same ISP and 1 different ISP. Do you think its will be problem to use? because one of them giving 90-95 mbps and one of them 70-72 mbps and one of them 80-82 mbps

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:09 am

Jesus! --> well I have heard rextended called other names, but I suppose he will take it. I will be bringing him many jugs of water then!! :-)

Glad he can help you! Its a bit beyond my limited config experience.

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm

still looking advice for solution 🙏🏻:/

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 01, 2022 1:50 pm

You just need one tunnel per interface, connect them to server, and then tunnels become new WAN interfaces. You can see something similar in this thread. That one is static, but it can be easily changed to PCC.

Instead of WG it would be possible to use IPIP over IPSec (in case your router has HW acceleration), or even plain IPIP without encryption, since you'll have only regular traffic to internet anyway, nothing secret. But what's best depends also on what kind of connections you have. All static ones with public addresses would be best. Dynamic or non-public addresses can make it a bit annoying for something other than WG.

balancer
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm

You just need one tunnel per interface, connect them to server, and then tunnels become new WAN interfaces. You can see something similar in this thread. That one is static, but it can be easily changed to PCC.

Instead of WG it would be possible to use IPIP over IPSec (in case your router has HW acceleration), or even plain IPIP without encryption, since you'll have only regular traffic to internet anyway, nothing secret. But what's best depends also on what kind of connections you have. All static ones with public addresses would be best. Dynamic or non-public addresses can make it a bit annoying for something other than WG.
Thank you sob, i will check it