Community discussions

MikroTik App

ilium007
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Zerotier has issues when connecting client has an IPv6 public IP

Mon May 02, 2022 7:26 am

Not sure where this problem lies but I have an issue where a zerotier client (iOS iPhone) with a public IPv6 address can connect to HTTP hosts inside the network but SSH, Mikrotik client etc (anything non HTTP) takes forever to connect, in the case of the Mikrotik client app it times out before connecting. An SSH connection can take 3mins to connect from the iPhone.

If I attempt the same from my MacBook running the zerotier client and an IPv4 address it connects to both the SSH host and Mikrotik Winbox immediately. I have no idea where to begin. Not sure if its an IPv6 setting on the Mikrotik router (Chateau LTE 12 - routerOS 7.2.1)

In the image below the bw-iphone client has issues, the MBP72986 can connect to all internal hosts fine so I do not think its a firewall issue.
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.18.52 pm.png
[admin@MikroTik] /zerotier> export
# may/02/2022 14:24:40 by RouterOS 7.2.1
# software id = 8DD5-P647
#
# model = RBD53G-5HacD2HnD
# serial number = xxxx
/zerotier
set zt1 comment="ZeroTier Central controller - https://my.zerotier.com/" identity="xxxx" name=zt1 port=9993
/zerotier interface
add allow-default=no allow-global=no allow-managed=yes disabled=no instance=zt1 name=zerotier1 network=xxxx
[admin@MikroTik] /zerotier>

Firewall entries:

[admin@MikroTik] /ip/firewall> export
# may/02/2022 14:25:24 by RouterOS 7.2.1
# software id = 8DD5-P647
#
# model = RBD53G-5HacD2HnD
# serial number = xxxx
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=forward comment=zerotier in-interface=zerotier1
add action=accept chain=input in-interface=zerotier1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.