Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sidd
just joined
Topic Author

Weird issue with RB2011iL-IN

Mon May 02, 2022 4:56 am

Hello, I got given this router a while ago and played around with it a couple of times just to test it out but now something has gone wrong and I'm not sure what. Basically when I boot it up and connect it to my computer or laptop and open up Winbox the router will not show up. I followed the reset procedure in the official video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Unz92rABs8 but if I look in Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel afterwards I see it identifying the network but shortly after it disappears, only to reappear then disappear again (and it keeps looping like that). Here is a video of what is happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lgt6mWRNL0 (sorry for the quality but it gets the point across)

The router was never used in production, it's in good condition. I was previously able to get into it and made only basic configuration changes (like changing the name/password/etc.) I tried disabling the firewall but that did nothing. Tried using Netinstall but that didn't work either. The power supply appears fine, no damage to that. No damage to the router. I have another Mikrotik router (an RB75iU-2HnD) that will connect just fine. Winbox is version 3.35, Windows 10 version 21H2. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thank you.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Weird issue with RB2011iL-IN

Mon May 02, 2022 6:47 am

Already tried connecting using winbox with a direct cable from PC to ether port 2 or higher on the device ?
Does it show up in Neighbors ?
Using Winbox you can connect using MAC address, not needed to have IP settings functional.

When you say Netinstall didn't work either, what does that mean ? Installation did not succeed or after installation still no access ?

What you can try:
power down device.
Hold reset
Power up device
Release reset after 3 seconds.
This should load the backup bootloader.
And then it should appear in Winbox Neighbors (not using ether1-port !)

Sidd
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Weird issue with RB2011iL-IN

Tue May 03, 2022 3:59 am

[*] I've used Ethernet ports 2-5 to connect
[*] It does not show up in neighbors, I've tried entering the MAC address manually and it won't connect
[*] I installed Netinstall successfully and it ran but could not detect the router

I will try your solution when I get home