Community discussions

MikroTik App

Zid2000
just joined
Topic Author

Troubleshooting help needed - disconnected, received disassoc: sending station leaving (8) in strong signal

Mon May 02, 2022 5:33 pm

I have a wAP ac and Macbook Pro 3-4 meters and one reinforced wall apart from each other them both are sitting still. During video calls, I frequently (few times in an hour) experience "disconnected, received disassoc: sending station leaving (8)" followed by "connected, signal strength X" where X is typically in range between -45 and -55. During the last call, I had wifi measurements on on my MBP and the rate was above 450 Mbps, noise was steady at -97 dBm, and "quality" between 50 and 55 (I don't know what quality represents but could be S/I).

Based on https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wireless_FAQ, I checked frame vs hw-frame difference and noticed a large gap on Tx but I don't have an idea how to fix it:
Tx/Rx Frames 138 936/136 102
Tx/Rx Hw. Frames 328 012/145 000

Disconnection message help suggests: Possible causes - too weak signal, remote device turned off, strong interference, some other RF related issue that makes communication impossible.

Does anyone have suggestion how to proceed with troubleshooting and getting rid of this problem?

Zid2000
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Troubleshooting help needed - disconnected, received disassoc: sending station leaving (8) in strong signal

Mon May 02, 2022 7:00 pm

One thing I tried now and it looks like it might have helped is to increase antenna-gain by 6 dB. RSSI is now -58 and speed is 700-1000 Gbps and hw-frames are 20% more than frames instead of 2.5x more.

Clément
just joined

Re: Troubleshooting help needed - disconnected, received disassoc: sending station leaving (8) in strong signal

Mon May 02, 2022 8:49 pm

Hi,

Speaking only about possible interferences, you can try to set CapsMan over your WiFi in order to let him manage a better frequency so to avoid some troubles due to others WiFi or a long randge distance issue .
Obviously, if the distance is here the main problem, that will not make it, but you should try it.

Or the problem is from the LTE interface ?

Zid2000
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 02, 2022 10:06 pm

Hi,

Speaking only about possible interferences, you can try to set CapsMan over your WiFi in order to let him manage a better frequency so to avoid some troubles due to others WiFi or a long randge distance issue .
Obviously, if the distance is here the main problem, that will not make it, but you should try it.

Or the problem is from the LTE interface ?
Device is https://mikrotik.com/product/wap_ac that doesn't have LTE. I'm talking about WiFi and problem was happening on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Distances are not long range, it's indoor setup (it's 3-4 meters, not km). I'm not sure how and where I would install CapsMan as it's large home installation with hAP ac2 as main router and WiFi, wAP as bridge-ap and RB260GSP as switch.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Troubleshooting help needed - disconnected, received disassoc: sending station leaving (8) in strong signal  [SOLVED]

Tue May 03, 2022 8:56 am

Setting antenna-gain parameter to anything bigger than default value of 2 means lowering Tx power of your AP. As this made performance better it indicates that original signal level was too high for client (Macbook). The "funny" (sad actually) thing is that if received signal strength is too high, receiver will perceive increased noise and thus reduced SINR which will reduce maximum throughput.

Clément
just joined

Tue May 03, 2022 11:01 am

Ok, so your setup sounds perfect to try CapsMan, spend some time on it.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN.

If you are sure the randge isn't the main problem, this must help.

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 03, 2022 11:20 am

For a speedy spectrum analysis of any disturbing channels check out iStumbler (free trial). Are you using Monterey there might be some issued I'm not sure they've solved yet.

Zid2000
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 04, 2022 11:56 am

Ok, so your setup sounds perfect to try CapsMan, spend some time on it.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN.

If you are sure the randge isn't the main problem, this must help.
Hi! If the main problem seems to be self-interference due to too high SINR as empirically it looks to be the and as @mkx explained, would CAPsMAN help with anything there to manage tx-power? All I see here (https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... e_TX_power) is that it's possible to manually set it but I get the same thing with setting antenna-gain manually.

If I understand correctly, the main benefit you mentioned is periodic re-selection of frequencies? As I don't see interference from neighbors playing the role in this issue, I'm not sure I would get significant benefit but please, correct me if I'm wrong.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 04, 2022 12:02 pm

In my view capsman is not going to solve that issue for you.
It will help in centrally controlling your APs instead of configuring each device separately.

Zid2000
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 04, 2022 12:09 pm

Setting antenna-gain parameter to anything bigger than default value of 2 means lowering Tx power of your AP. As this made performance better it indicates that original signal level was too high for client (Macbook). The "funny" (sad actually) thing is that if received signal strength is too high, receiver will perceive increased noise and thus reduced SINR which will reduce maximum throughput.
That's exactly what I learned when searching for solution as was very surprised that this happens. I know wAP ac is indoor/outdoor but I've set power to regulatory_domain of my country and indoor so didn't expect this issue. It must be that Apple was far more concerned with performance in poor wireless environments that they procured to sensitive radios for their MBPs and now I'm one of the "lucky" ones with great WiFi who is now having problem with it. :)

Thanks everyone for contributing with advice here!

Fadel1030
just joined

Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:04 am

disconnected, received deauth: authentication not valid (2)
hello lease i had this problem in mantbox 19s the clients are disconnected btween 2 hours a day
what is the problem