Community discussions

MikroTik App

NikWed
just joined
Topic Author

Only specific IPs allowd over birdge

Fri May 06, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi. Very much a novice here.
I need helt to make a quick and easy rule that only allows certain IP-adresses to communicate over an IP-bridge.
I'm using the routers to add a firewall at certain points in a very spread out network for a housing company.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Only specific IPs allowd over birdge

Fri May 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Not quite sure what you mean but have you tried forward chain IP firewall filter rules? They manage traffic just fine 98% of the time.
If they do not work there is such a thing as Bridge firewall rules - but they are for advanced users and unique circumstances

NikWed
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 06, 2022 2:07 pm

Not quite sure what you mean but have you tried forward chain IP firewall filter rules? They manage traffic just fine 98% of the time.
If they do not work there is such a thing as Bridge firewall rules - but they are for advanced users and unique circumstances
The network is spread across a city and lacks firewall. I need to add routers solely to add firewall at specific points in the network. The only traffic on the router will be over an ip-bride on two ports. I need to limit the traffic allowed so that only traffic from specific IPs is passing over the bride.
Last edited by NikWed on Fri May 06, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 06, 2022 2:53 pm

I see the need for a clear drawing because the textual explanation is really not clarifying at all ...