Community discussions

MikroTik App

burhanafridi603
just joined
Topic Author

VRRP with Same WAN IP Settings

Sat May 07, 2022 8:54 am

Hello Everyone

I have to make a setup but I am a little confuse. I have to Setup VRRP where i have done port forwarding for different server running in my LAN, so What I want to do is Load Balancing and VRRP at the same time.

I did static NAT 1-1 for couple of IP's on router 1 and I want to have the exact same static NAT 1-1 for couple of IP's on Router 2 as well, so that If Router 1 fails Router 2 would be used as a backup for port forwarding and load balancing.

My question is can i have the exact same setup on Router 1 and Router 2 regarding public IP's and Port forwarding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VRRP with Same WAN IP Settings

Sat May 07, 2022 2:33 pm

In short, yes, just use same config for both routers. Only you don't want WAN addresses on both routers active at the same time, that woudn't work well. You could either have VRRP there too (if you use v7, it should be possible to link VRRP interfaces together, but I didn't test it yet), or you can simply disable/enable WAN addresses with scripts in on-master/backup events for LAN VRRP.