Community discussions

MikroTik App

pcarlo71
just joined
Topic Author

Help with new streaming device

Tue May 10, 2022 12:53 am

Hi All,

I've been using Mikrotik Routerboard RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN for many years. I just added Andover Songbird to stream my FLAC files from my computer to this streaming device with no success. The device is connected directly to my router via LAN. Do I need to add Port Forwarding rules or open a port to allow/enable DLNA traffic from my router/shared computer to the streaming device?

Thank you in advance.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help with new streaming device

Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 am

You'll have to share a few technical details about your current setup.

But if I have to guess: as I understand, both streaming device and server are part of same IP subnet and are connected to router using two bridged ports. This means that in theory both devices can communicate directly (in L3 / IP sense) which means that in theory router settings should not affect the connectivity / performance.
But, as I wrote, this is only guessing, you'll have to write a few more information. Such as topology of connections, what kind of streaming protocol is used, possibly RB's config.

[edit] Googled the andover songbird and I see that it can connect to LAN via WiFi. If this is the means of connectivity in your case, then very probably it's wireless configuration that needs to be improved. However I strongly suggest you to use wired connectivity.