Community discussions

MikroTik App

weather
just joined
Topic Author

wAP LTE kit US Verizon says IMEI invalid

Mon May 09, 2022 12:17 am

Hello. I have a Tmobile account and need to change to Verizon because the area in which it will be used has a much stronger Verizon than tmobile signal. Tthe wAP LTE kit US works fine on Tbmobile but when I enter the imei for a verizon plan verizon says they don't support it.
Triple checked entering IMEI correctly on Verizon site.

I find that really hard to imagine given the widespread use of mikrotik producsts in US. So my question is this:

1) Can someone please someone confirm they are using verizon in the US on this or similar Mikrotik device.
2) It's been suggested it's because Tmobile has locked the imei but I visited the tmobile store from where I obtained the sim and they say they don't lock it.
Suggestions anyone?
3) Anyone can swap out sim cards from various providers on cell phones so I can't see why this can't work on Mikrotik products.

Cheers and thanks!

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: wAP LTE kit US Verizon says IMEI invalid

Mon May 09, 2022 5:06 pm

I suspect that the modem in your wAP does not have the appropriate band coverage for Verizon in your area. It lacks band 13 which is a major part of Verizons coverage in much of the country. The US modem in your wAP is better suited for ATT or T-mobile .

weather
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2022 7:20 pm

Thank you. I just received an email from mikrotik support who said they do not support Verizon which I find strange as I'm sure some of their devices would support it even if my current one doesn't, but they then said no, they do not support Verizon.

weather
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2022 7:26 pm

Ah I think I now understand and correct me if I'm wrong - I need to buy a mikrotik router WITHOUT a modem then install one that has that channel. Correct?

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 pm

Ah I think I now understand and correct me if I'm wrong - I need to buy a mikrotik router WITHOUT a modem then install one that has that channel. Correct?
Yes, a purchase an SXT/LDF/LHG R device without modem and then choose a suitable modem that is supported.