Community discussions

MikroTik App

layer9
just joined
Topic Author

cAP ac availability

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi,

it is currently very difficult to get hold of cAP ac's here in the Netherlands. They're out of stock at most suppliers. Is the cAP ac EOL in favor of the new XL?

Best regards,
Steven

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP ac availability

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:27 pm

You could contact the sales team i guess https://mikrotik.com/aboutus

JamesT42
just joined

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:57 pm

Its time the caps ac gets more ram and rom to be able to run the wifiwave2 drivers, maybe they are preparing a new revision?

ctop

Wed May 11, 2022 3:55 am

Its time the caps ac gets more ram and rom to be able to run the wifiwave2 drivers, maybe they are preparing a new revision?
could only hope

woland
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 11, 2022 9:59 am

Hi,

I was looking for some cAPacs at many webshops across EU, but I was out of luck. First I thought it was the chip shortage, but then I read this in the last MT newsletter:

“We’ve received many requests to help with secure connectivity from Lviv,
Poltava, Kharkiv, Odesa, Zhytomyr, and other regions. Our lionhearted distributors
and partners in Ukraine are setting up Internet in temporary shelters, schools, and
hospitals."

So I think I know where most of the recently manufactured cAP acs to be found and I got a little less unhappy...

Still I hope there is a next gen cAP with wifiwave2 support, or much better: MT will be able to shrink the new drivers, so they can be installed to the existing cAPs.
I will happily give up BGP/MPLS/PPP... support on an AP if that results in more space for better Wifi drivers.

BR
W

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed May 11, 2022 6:42 pm

You could contact the sales team i guess https://mikrotik.com/aboutus
Mikrotik does not sell anything. Please contact distributors.

Also, while MikroTik is helping Ukraine, this is not the cause for "cAP ac" shortage. Many companies around the world (if not all) suffer from part shortages in one way or another.

bnordman
just joined

Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 am

I'm having a rough time getting any 60ghz gear from anyone (US). I love using the Cube60 stuff for short links where 5ghz is just too congested. It has been a game changer for a lot of things we do. MikroTik and Ubiquiti both have 60ghz products (I prefer RouterOS, and so do my customers), but availability has been rough for the last several months. Everyone is feeling it, and we're just doing the best we can which is all anyone can really do.

MikroTik is trying hard. There's a lot of crazy stuff happening in their part of the world, and the supply chain shortages were a problem for everyone before the Ukraine invasion. Keep doing you MikroTik and Labi padarīts!

Ca6ko

Thu May 12, 2022 11:16 am

Waiting for the device ax
CAP/WAP ax with Capsman support
LHG ax module for the line of devices :?

MarkElissen
just joined

Thu May 12, 2022 4:30 pm

I also had ordered two cap ac's, but they cancelled the order as the product would no longer be available? And they removed the item from the webshop. And I have not seen the XL version in a webshop yet.

memelchenkov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 12, 2022 4:33 pm

You forgot the new COVID lockdown in China which already holds for several weeks.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 12, 2022 4:35 pm

I also had ordered two cap ac's, but they cancelled the order as the product would no longer be available? And they removed the item from the webshop. And I have not seen the XL version in a webshop yet.
I've seen them in some webshops but only as "to be expected".
AC material in general is a problem right now. Combination of economical and geopolitical situations ...

And today I read Shanghai is still in lockdown. Over 500 container carriers blocked before the harbor.
Suez / Evergreen 2.0... but a lot worse !!