Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ufdah
just joined
Topic Author

Network / Device Management and Cloning Configs

Fri May 13, 2022 12:33 am

I am about to install 200 MikroTik hEX Lite Routers across a geographically distributed area and I'm curious what you would recommend for bulk configuration and management. Each router will sit behind it's own cell modem (firewalled w/ NAT) and I'll use port forwarding on the Cell WAN to LAN in order to access the Router WAN. (The clients will be double NAT'd but it's unavoidable in the circumstances) The cellular network is a private APN, connecting my Cloud environment to each remote location with no external internet access. The LAN side of every cell modem will be configured the same and the routers will all share the same configurations. So: Coud Server >>> cell APN >>> Cell Modem >>> Cell LAN >>> MikroTik >>> MikroTik LAN >>> Client

1) How do you recommend I clone the device x 200? I want passwords and everything to be the same.

2) Any tips on network monitoring and management? I've tried to understand the Dude but still can't seem to figure out what it does or if it's even something that would work for me. Of course I can use WinBox from the server to connect to each MikroTik individually, but figure there may be a better option out there. Thanks!

I'm part of B Corp and will own the Router:

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Network / Device Management and Cloning Configs

Fri May 13, 2022 4:20 am