Community discussions

MikroTik App

knobbchiz
just joined
Topic Author

Routing only video streaming service over VPN not all traffic

Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm

Good afternoon all,

I have successfully setup NordVPN Wireguard connections to several different exit points e.g. (US, UK, NL, MX). Using policy based routing, based on internal LAN source IP address, I managed to select the appropriate routing table based on the Wireguard connection to route to whichever endpoint (US, UK, NL, MX) I verified that everything was working as expected using https://ipinfo.io to confirm that routing across the respective VPN is working.

What I would like to implement is that all traffic to a certain streaming provider (blim.com) routes via the MX VPN connection. Of course when using the NordVPN client on my desktop the geoblock is bypassed, but when trying to route all traffic to (*.blim.com) doesn't work as I suspect that CDN or DNS leak is preventing this. I have tried mangle rules to mark connections to *.blim.com TLS host and then to add the routing table associated with the NordVPN MX connection, however that still doesn't work. Of course addinging *.blim.com to an address list was unsuccessful as this is made available through CDN.

I have read many an article on routing all traffic through the VPN whereas I want to only route the one streaming provider through this specific VPN connection. Any articles, YouTube videos you suggest that I may have been missed?

Any help or recommendation is highly appreciated.