Community discussions

MikroTik App

r34per
just joined
Topic Author

Help with firewall rules for multiple WAN IP's with Uverse

Sat May 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Hey guys, i've been wracking my brain on how to get this set up right. I have home ATT fiber, and I have a block of 5 static ip's from att. I use cascaded router to connect my hex rb350gr to the modem.

I need to open a few ports to my servers i run locally, I was able to get this working on my edgerouter lite through firewall rules and source/destination nat without issue. When i try setting it up the same way on my hex I cannot for the life of me get it working right. I've followed just about every guide i can find on setting up source and destination nat rule son routeros but I cannot get it to work.

A simple example is my web server- I have that on public ip 1.2.3.4, and locally i have it on VLAN 50 at 10.0.50.10. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't the rule be something like this:

firewall rule:
chain:input, SRC address: 1.2.3.4, dst address:10.0.50.10, dst port: 80, connection state: est. related, conenction nat state: dst nat, action accept

Destination nat rule:
chain: dstnat, dst address:1.2.3.4, protocol:tcp, src port: 80, action:dst-nat, to addresses:10.0.50.10

Source nat rule:
chain: srcnat, srcaddress:10.0.50.10, action: src-nat, to addresses: 1.2.3.4

What am i doing wrong exactly?