Community discussions

MikroTik App

oldunixguy
just joined
Topic Author

startup script wont run and no error indication

Sat May 21, 2022 1:37 am

I'm running routeros 7.2.3. I have created a user say "me" for example. I have given user me full privileges.
I have a script called "runatstartup", owned by admin, dont require permissions is checked, all policy are checked except dude .
I have a schedule entry called "runit", start time startup, interval 12hr, owner "me" (not admin), on event "runststartup".

When I reboot the startup script is not run, count stays at 0, there are no log entries.
If I manually run the script "runatstartup" there is no output, no log entries, no logged messages from within the script, and no error indications. when manually run the run count increments however.

this script used to work in routeros 6 and has not been changed.

The only thing that probably changed was the addition of user "me". But since this user is configured as full privs and the script is marked as dont require permissions it should work.

any suggestions?
thanks
oldunixguy

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: startup script wont run and no error indication

Sat May 21, 2022 2:14 am

Start exporting the script (with /system script export on terminal, not with copy & paste from winbox script window) and pasting
here

oldunixguy
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 21, 2022 10:09 am

Wow! In the past I have extensively used terminal... Now I see that it does not work. when I login using the Webfig and select the Terminal I get a terminal window but it is empty! typing into this window yields nothing. See the attached image.
oldunixguy

Edit: Even though I select to add a file to this post and subsequently select an image file for a screen shot as .jpg it does not attach.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 21, 2022 11:50 am

Try winbox or use a standalone terminal program like putty to make a telnet or ssh connection.