Community discussions

MikroTik App

chinuaachebe
just joined
Topic Author

my upload speeds are low

Mon May 16, 2022 4:08 am

hey,i am a total noob and im not sure if this is the correct place to post.
I have a pair of mikrotik lhg 5z,
they are 6 km away,
my provider gives me a download of 30 mps and an upload of 60 mbps,my download is more or less all there,but i am only receiving an upload of 20 mbps.
what could be the problem?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: my upload speeds are low

Mon May 16, 2022 10:03 am

Good morning,
it seems clear to me that you completely lacks the basis for asking a question in a reasonable way.
So from this "nothing" of information I deduce the only logical thing: you did not install them correctly.

And second, it is the first time in my life that I have read about a connection that gives double uploads than downloads.
So I would expect the same upload, or less, instead ...

Have a nice day.

chinuaachebe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 20, 2022 10:32 pm

Hey there,so my ISP told me most people use the net to download,and very few use uploads,so he told me he can even give me 90 mbps if i want,the actual package is supposed to be 30 mbps down and 30 mbps up

chinuaachebe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 20, 2022 10:37 pm

so i actually have two problems,
1: at best i get all the download but only a quarter of the upload.
2:the connection really fluctuates,for example,the download can go from 30 mps all the way down to 1 mps,without anything being changed,the two antennae are in a relatively stable place so the fluctuation cannt be due to winds or anything like that,the fluctuations are gradual,and very random,one hour i have decent net,and the next hour i have unusable net

chinuaachebe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 20, 2022 11:44 pm

Image when i open winbox this is what i see an i am unable to connect to any of the two devices,
the last time i was able to connect,the noise floor was 111,and the signal strength was 66
Last edited by chinuaachebe on Sat May 21, 2022 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buckeye
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat May 21, 2022 12:13 am

they are 6 km away,
my provider gives me a download of 30 mps and an upload of 60 mbps,my download is more or less all there,but i am only receiving an upload of 20 mbps.
I have to agree with @rextended concerning the amount of information you are providing if you expect to get more than guesses.

What troubleshooting have you done? How do you know the problem is the link? Have you done testing at the ISP demarcation side? Have you used two hosts running iperf on the two ends of the link?

Consider a problem report like this: My car's speedometer goes up to 120MPH, but it takes me 10 minutes to drive 3 miles to work. What could be the problem? It should only take 90 seconds.

chinuaachebe
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 21, 2022 2:30 am

https://imgur.com/a/VH0HP2B uploaded Image are you able to see this picture,im not sure how ulpoading images works here.
is this information helpful?
i have managed to connect to winbox
is there any information there that you feel would be relevant?I am willing to share anything,i just dont know enough about this subject to know what is relevant

something that is interesting to me is (you cant see it in the picture) but the rx rate switches from around 6mbps to around 230 mbps,i think thats a drastic fluctuation.

right now my biggest problem is the fluctuation.
aslo I am assuming the problem is not the ISP because he provides internet to other people using fiber,but they dont have the issues i am having.
he is unable to provide internet to me using fiber because i live too far away

chinuaachebe
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 21, 2022 2:33 am

they are 6 km away,
I have to agree with @rextended concerning the amount of information you are providing if you expect to get more than guesses.

What troubleshooting have you done? How do you know the problem is the link? Have you done testing at the ISP demarcation side? Have you used two hosts running iperf on the two ends of the link?

Consider a problem report like this: My car's speedometer goes up to 120MPH, but it takes me 10 minutes to drive 3 miles to work. What could be the problem? It should only take 90 seconds.
assuming the problem is the link,what information would help you diagnose the problem from my winbox?

Ca6ko

Sat May 21, 2022 2:05 pm

You need to show the same data from the other side.
Also show pictures of the antennas installed.
Run in Winbox/Wireless/Scanner with Background Scan checked. And show the results for each point.