Community discussions

MikroTik App

Acryli
Topic Author

Quectel EM160R new firmware & RouterOS v7.2rc7

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Hello

I installed RouterOS v7.2rc7 on my RouterBoard.
I updated the firmware of an EM160R to the last version EM160RGLAUR02A09M4G because of the reboot bug, without testing the EM160R before unfortunately, so I'm not sure if the problem is the firmware or not.

Now I 2 issues.

1. I can't get any internet connectivity. I have a signal. The cell monitor works, but no IP. The APN settings are ok, because it always the same values I use for other modules.

2. When I try to activate the roaming or Network mode, I'm getting this error: "5G not supported" What??? That's a 4G module.

In the logs I also have this error sometimes: LTE error wdm send failed: 19

What is happening???

Thank you

EDIT:
Same problem in MBIM mode.

Acryli
Topic Author

Re: Quectel EM160R new firmware & RouterOS v7.2rc7

Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Ok, when I try to change the APN profile I also get that error "5G not supported".
So I assume that I don't have internet connectivity because the APN settings aren't correctly sent to the EM160R by RouterOS.

Same problem with RouterOS 7.2 stable release.
I will try with older ones.

I'm a little bit disappointed that such a popular module are still no well supported by RouterOS.
But maybe it's also the new Quectel firmware which causes compatibility issues.

EDIT:
RouterOS 7.2, 7.2rc7 or 7.1.5, all have the same error message when trying to change the EM160R module settings "5G not supported". It has a connection to the network (B3), but session time is not running. No internet.

But with version 7.0 beta 8, the internet works! Although the "5G not supported" error message is still there.

So, there is something broken or a kind of incompatibility with newer Quectel firmware.

bublikoff
just joined

Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:08 pm

In my setup it works well (AC3-LTE + EM160) ... the only problem is that after reboot modem connects to network but "session uptime" is empty and while it empty connection does not work.
After I reset (disable and enable) LTE interface it starts working well without any problem

zeitlins
just joined

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Strange it is working here without any issues
LHGG + EM160R + Router OS 7.2.1
Firmware is the same as yours, Session Uptime = 5days (since Installation of Module)
one thing i saw is that the module takes longer to boot ... maybe it is a timing issue on waiting for the module?

ng

Acryli
Topic Author

Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:33 am

In my setup it works well (AC3-LTE + EM160) ... the only problem is that after reboot modem connects to network but "session uptime" is empty and while it empty connection does not work.
After I reset (disable and enable) LTE interface it starts working well without any problem
Ok I will try this.

Do you also have the same error message like on my screenshot?
Strange it is working here without any issues
LHGG + EM160R + Router OS 7.2.1
Firmware is the same as yours, Session Uptime = 5days (since Installation of Module)
one thing i saw is that the module takes longer to boot ... maybe it is a timing issue on waiting for the module?

ng

That's strange.
Well, I'm in IP Passthrough mode. I will try with a default configuration.

May I ask you if you could upload your EM160RGLAUR02A09M4G firmware somewhere (for instance here: https://filetransfer.io ) and send me the download link?
I want to compare both files, maybe there is a problem with the one I have downloaded :-/

Thanks

Alessandr0
just joined

Sat May 21, 2022 9:34 pm

@Acryli
Check here for EM160RGLAUR02A09M4G https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... a4Fb1R0kQ2

zeitlins
just joined

Mon May 23, 2022 12:43 am

I also had that issue resolved it with a startup script / reconnects run on startup
{:delay 30};
/interface disable lte
/interface enable lte