Community discussions

MikroTik App

amcrs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Scripting when posts reset

Mon May 23, 2022 7:09 pm

I have a collection of scripts to perform various tasks (create a bridge, configure DHCP, configure dns, etc). I'm trying to create a master script (a script of scripts) to configure a device.

The problem I have is that when I rum the script, my session disconnects when the port changes. Which appears to be preventing the script from completing. I see that with a longer script that does the same thing (part way through when the session disconnects)

Is there a way to have a script (or series of commands) not take effect. To suspend changes taking effect until the end when all the configuration is done? In cisco that's be the difference in the running config, but I haven't found a way to do that on the Mikrotik routerOS?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Scripting when posts reset

Mon May 23, 2022 7:14 pm

1) Use MAC winbox and do not change L1/L2 settings until is the last command on script
(for example use ether5 and set ether5 on LAN bridge as the last line)
or
2) Schedule self-destructing scheduler 20 seconds after reboot for apply settings on remaining port, and reboot

amcrs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon May 23, 2022 7:45 pm

1) Use MAC winbox and do not change L1/L2 settings until is the last command on script
(for example use ether5 and set ether5 on LAN bridge as the last line)
or
2) Schedule self-destructing scheduler 20 seconds after reboot for apply settings on remaining port, and reboot
So the answer is no, there's not a way to suspend the changes?

That's a real PITA for writing configuration scripts.

If you schedule the entire script to run at reboot, will all the changes take effect regardless?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 23, 2022 10:17 pm

You already have the answer: (on correct english or not...)
I have given you very specific advice on how to do this, have been setting up devices in production, with automatic scripts, since 2007,
and have become expert enough to give you some valid suggestions... I think...