Community discussions

MikroTik App

mladen
just joined
Topic Author

Can't connect to Mikrotik from internet

Tue May 24, 2022 10:21 am

Hi,
I'm using R11e-LTE, v6.49.6. Everything worked fine until I changed IP range of local network from 192.168.2.0/24 to 192.168.1.0/24. I change DHCP pool, router IP,...
Now I can connect via WinBox from local network but can't connect via LTE (IP address it's fix). If I change local IP range to 192.168.2.0/24, then I can connect also via LTE (internet) address.
Any clue what I forgot to change?

Thanks

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't connect to Mikrotik from internet

Tue May 24, 2022 11:51 am

The usual mechanisms of access control to router itself don't rely on device's own IP address(es). So you must have configured something that trips on IP address. And we can't possibly know what without you posting actual full configuration ... you can get one by executing /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish from terminal window, fetch file, open it using text editor, obfuscate remaining sensitive data (such as serial number, SSIDs, WPSKs, public IP address if it appears in the export) and post it here between [code] [/code] tags.

And mandatory disclaimer: it's not wise to open mikrotik management to internet without some good security ... preferably by requiring VPN connection between management device and MT device.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 24, 2022 1:44 pm

I agree with @mkx.
A VPN is suggested, or at least a port knocking mechanism...

mladen
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Hi,
It's solved. The problem was that once the router was on LTE on private APN, there was IP conflict. Getaway on master network (network that router was connecting to) have also 192.168.1.1 address. Now I need to change address range on PLC side.

Router is on mobile network with private APN and can't access to that network without VPN