Community discussions

MikroTik App

waynemillskidals
just joined
Topic Author

Card Payment machines do not work on 6.40 and above

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Hello

I thought i would let people know, since upgrading to 6.40 multiple clients have been unable to use internet based card payment terminals. I believe somehting in the TCP flow between the bank and the terminal is failing i imagine some type of MAC auth / fingerprint is changing and the bank is rejecting the terminal to log in or take a payment.

I have different customers all using different terminals such as Verifone terminals all of which have failed.

Example of one of the devices - http://www.verifone.co.uk/products/hard ... le/vx-680/

As soon as we downgrade to 60.39.3 we have no further issues and the terminals work fine.

We have these routers at many restaurants and pubs etc so it would be good if Mikrotik can see what changes they have put in the newer firmware that stops these devices working.

cdiedrich
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Card Payment machines do not work on 6.40 and above

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Now that is a great piece of information, thank you very much for sharing this.
I'm supporting a lot of temporary deployments w/ MTik routers and exactly these terminals are used massively there.

I'll keep that in mind.
Thank you again.
-Chris

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:26 pm

There are TONS of changes between those versions, it would be a massive help, if you could run sniffer at a working unit, and a non working one. See what is going on.

waynemillskidals
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

let me see what i can arrange with a client - its a little disruptive to their business to upgrade then downgrade again but I may have a friendly customer who can help me

I will report back

volkswagner

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:09 pm

Any update on this.

I'm having trouble with VeriFone VX 520 TCLS
on RouterOS 6.43.08

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Are you aware that ROS is currently > 6.47 ?
Have you checked https://mikrotik.com/download/changelogs ?

sirlindqvist

Tue May 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Hello

I thought i would let people know, since upgrading to 6.40 multiple clients have been unable to use internet based card payment terminals. I believe somehting in the TCP flow between the bank and the terminal is failing i imagine some type of MAC auth / fingerprint is changing and the bank is rejecting the terminal to log in or take a payment.

I have different customers all using different terminals such as Verifone terminals all of which have failed.

Example of one of the devices - http://www.verifone.co.uk/products/hard ... le/vx-680/

As soon as we downgrade to 60.39.3 we have no further issues and the terminals work fine.

We have these routers at many restaurants and pubs etc so it would be good if Mikrotik can see what changes they have put in the newer firmware that stops these devices working.
Trying to wake up a really old forum post here. I work for a company that owns several stores where we use exactly those terminals mentioned above from VeriFone, the VX680. At every store we use an RB750Gr3 as main router and then we have several wAP ac's at each store for the inside Wi-Fi. For management of this we do use CAPsMAN.

As soon as we got these new VX680 terminals the problems began. The terminals can't connect at all to the Wi-Fi configured in CAPsMAN. Then I thought the problem could be with the CAPsMAN itself so I tried to setup one wAP ac in stand-alone mode. With this i got some kind of success as the terminals CAN connect to the Wi-Fi but they instantly loose conection again.

Then I found this thread with similair problems so I was about to try to downgrade to 6.39.3. That can't be done since oldest firmware supported was 6.44.6.

I have tried many different firmwares, even v7 but the problem is still there. Is there anything I can do to get this work?!

As for now, the terminals connect to a hotspot created on a computer client in the domain running Windows 10 with Internet Sharing. That client is connected to the LAN by ethernet and then the connection is shared over the built-in Wi-Fi interface. The terminals do see this SSID and there's no problem at all to connect to this. The solution ain't the best as we would love to use the regular Wi-Fi for this instead.

What should I do??

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 24, 2022 10:08 pm

Try contacting the supplier of the cad payment terminals? The problem may be there, they may have a firmware upgrade?

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 24, 2022 11:02 pm

With this i got some kind of success as the terminals CAN connect to the Wi-Fi but they instantly loose conection again.
What does the log say about that on the WAP when you set /system/logging/add topics=wireless,debug action=memory and then you try to connect ?
Also, check here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:W ... Debug_Logs

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 am

The reason I mention the client device is that I had the experience that some client devices are just crappy and do not inter-operate with random other equipment.
In this case it is MikroTik so not this particular problem, but e.g. some older HP printers cannot connect to an AP that has 802.11k/r/v running.
Purely a defect in the software running on these printers. Without 802.11k/r/v enabled, they connect to a WPA2-protected AP, but when 802.11k/r/v is enabled they see the same AP as "open", don't ask for a password, and fail to connect.
Nothing you can do about that other than throwing that printer in the trash and replace it with something more reasonable. The AP manufacturer is not at fault.

Maybe something similarly obscure is going on here (it cannot be 802.11k/r/v as MikroTik has not yet entered that century) and it could be that VeriFone knows about it and has a fix.