Community discussions

MikroTik App

walcee
just joined
Topic Author

How to forward ports on Mikrotik router to another connected router

Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Hello i have a setup with a Mikrotik router with RouterOS v6.49.6, TP-Link router and a Synology NAS.

I use my Mikrotik router as the primary internet access device. The TP-Link router is where all my devices are connected including the Synology NAS. I want to forward ports 5595 and 63405 on the Mikrotik to the Synology NAS. The Synology NAS has already automatically created port forwarding rules on the TP-Link. What i'm not sure about is how to forward ports on the Mikrotik so that they are forwarded to the TP-Link router and then to the Synology NAS.

My Network config looks like this:
Mikrotik Router - 192.168.88.1
TP-Link Router (on the Mikrotik) - 192.168.8.130
TP-Link Router (on it's own network) - 192.168.0.1
Synology NAS - 192.168.0.130

I hope someone can explain this to me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by walcee on Thu May 26, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to forward ports on Mikrotik router to another connected router

Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 pm

Hello i have a setup with a Mikrotik router, TP-Link router with RouterOS v6.49.6 and a Synology NAS.

I use my Mikrotik router as the primary internet access device. The TP-Link router is where all my devices are connected including the Synology NAS. I want to forward ports 5595 and 63405 on the Mikrotik to the Synology NAS. The Synology NAS has already automatically created port forwarding rules on the TP-Link. What i'm not sure about is how to forward ports on the Mikrotik so that they are forwarded to the TP-Link router and then to the Synology NAS.

My Network config looks like this:
Mikrotik Router - 192.168.88.1
TP-Link Router (on the Mikrotik) - 192.168.8.130
TP-Link Router (on it's own network) - 192.168.0.1
Synology NAS - 192.168.0.130

I hope someone can explain this to me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Me thinks you are confused LOL. Perhaps you mean the MT has RoS 6.49.6 :-PP

We can only help with the MT device.
You need one firewall rule that permits dst-nat traffic.
You need a destination nat rule for each instance of port forwarding.

Some information here, just ignore the hairpin nat stuff but there is still good basic stuff there....... (para 6)
viewtopic.php?t=179343

In general you forward ports to the LANIP of the TPLINK router on the MT LAN ( this is the same as the WANIP of the TPLINK ).
As far as forwarding the ports to the NAS thats on you and the TPLINK menus........

Fire up your config when done for review.
/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish