Community discussions

MikroTik App

nettech
just joined
Topic Author

internet access to wiress radios on public interface

Thu May 26, 2022 3:39 am

Hello all, thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
(I am relatively new to MikroTik equipment, and so far I am really impressed with its capabilities but do have a ways to go to fully understand the commands and configuration!)
In order to get a decent internet connection for a few rural residents I installed a wireless bridge between between two farms.
The second radio is connected to a MikroTik RB960PGS-PB on ether1. The MikroTik is doing a PPPoE connection to the internet provider.
There is a second radio connected to ether2 on the MikroTik and is providing a PTMP connection for 3 area residents.
I have set up a second LAN 192.168.10.0/29 on the wireless bridge for management and assigned an address to both the radios and the MikroTik eth1.
The 3 residents' routers get an address on a 172.16.50.0/28 network.
A second network on the ether2 port with an address structure of 192.168.10.80/28 for management of the radios on the PTMP network.
I have a VPN configuration set up to be able to remotely get access to the MikroTik and the radios.
Through the VPN connection I am able to get access to all the radios as well as the MikroTik.
The radios on the PTMP network have full access to the internet and are able to download their firmware updates.

The issue I am having is the radios on the wireless bridge network for the actual internet connection are not able to get access to the internet to download firmware updates.
How do I get them access to the internet?