Community discussions

MikroTik App

jvogel
just joined
Topic Author

How to revert snmp src-address to default

Fri May 27, 2022 12:49 am

I am attempting to remove the SNMP src-address on a number of routers that it has been set on, and would like it to be the default value which shows in the GUI as ::.
I have been able to set it to 0.0.0.0, but unable to remove it completely, and also unable to set it to ::.
I have tried setting it to "", or :: and have tried /snmp set ! src-address, but have not had success with anything. Any suggestions?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to revert snmp src-address to default  [SOLVED]

Fri May 27, 2022 1:35 am

You have some problems for sure....

Both on GUI with ::
and on terminal with
/snmp set src-address=::
src-address can be set to (wrong) "default" :: (why wrong? if IPv6 is not used, disabled on default, must be 0.0.0.0)

And the src-address is not removeable on GUI (and on terminal)

jvogel
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to revert snmp src-address to default

Fri May 27, 2022 4:02 pm

Thank you for the quick response. My confusion arises because in GUI (Winbox) I am able to set the src-address to :: which appears to be the default. Setting it to 0.0.0.0 seems to accomplish the same thing, but displays in Winbox as 0.0.0.0 (as would be expected) and not ::
/snmp export in both cases shows that the src-address is not being set.
/snmp export ...

/snmp
set enabled=yes
It seems to me that it would be more intuitive to allow a script to set it to :: since that is what Winbox displays when src-address is unset (and Winbox will allow me to set it to ::).
I will use my script to set it to 0.0.0.0 though, as that does accomplish what I am after.