Community discussions

MikroTik App

xo20rp
just joined
Topic Author

hAP-ac2 unable to transmit/recieve over media Converter

Fri May 27, 2022 4:12 pm

Good Day!

I hope anyone has idea what is happening.

I have a hAP-ac2 i want to use as a PPPoE server. i have a hAP-lite as a CPE on my neighbor. since fiber is cheaper per meter i decided to use a SM Fast Ethernet Media Converter.
Testing at the moment using a fiber patch cable on the media converter.

1. When i plug media converter on the hAP-ac2 and then the other end on my PC. (link is up but data cant be transmitted)
2. When i plug media converter on the hAP-ac2 and then the other end on to hAP-lite (link is up but data cant be transmitted)
3. When i plug media converter on the hAP-lite and then the other end on to PC (link is up and can transmit data)
4. if I directly plug hAP-AC2 to either PC or hAP-lite via UTP Patch cord. (link is up and can transmit data)

im a little lost here

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP-ac2 unable to transmit/recieve over media Converter

Fri May 27, 2022 4:40 pm

hAP ac2 has gigabit ethernet interfaces, hAP lite has fast ethernet interfaces. As #3 works I suspect your PC also has fast ethernet rather than gigabit.

Less expensive media converters do not support different rates on the copper and optical interfaces, or it may be a poor design which advertises copper rates it cannot actually support.

Try setting the hAP ac2 interface not to advertise 1000 rates, or turn off autonegotiation and select a fixed rate.