Community discussions

MikroTik App

DTRguy
just joined
Topic Author

Groove receiving, not sending via Ethernet cable?

Mon May 30, 2022 8:22 pm

Hello all! I am in technical uncharted territory! I basically can access the groove, and I have it connected to my home WiFi in CPE, router mode and I can see in the WinBox that I am truly connected and receiving information. BUT with the Ethernet plugged into the WAN of a travel router (for now a GLiNet 750)(hAP AC lite ordered)… I can NOT get internet connection! I have let the DHCP settings set by the unit… I’ve tried setting them myself with addresses that seem like it would work (admittedly I’m flying blind). My intention is to get the system functioning at home in a way I understand and move the groove and the router to my boat to boost the bad marina WiFi. But until I can get it working I don’t want to waste the trip.

I’ve tried two different brand new Ethernet cables to eliminate that being the issue. What am I missing?? Or is there something just wrong with the groove? (Or the router?) I can use the travel router stand alone and it works if that helps.

Please advise! Thanks in advance!

DTRguy
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Groove receiving, not sending via Ethernet cable?

Tue May 31, 2022 5:51 pm

Problem solved with help from FB group.

Simple answer was the DHCP server range on the quickset page was wrong. Once that was corrected and I used the correct band to locate the WiFi I was wanting to connect to (by going to wireless tab and scanning, connecting and adding name,password) I connected directly. When I disconnected the Ethernet and connected to the WAN port on the router the DHCP settings allowed it to connect immediately and create a new network. NOW. To put it to use!