Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik hap ac2 Ethernet and Wifi not detected

Tue May 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Solutions Done:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Netinstall
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Reset

However, the routers/drives have not been detected, and RouterOS installation cannot proceed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik hap ac2 Ethernet and Wifi not detected

Tue May 31, 2022 5:47 pm

So at which point exactly things start to deviate from expected progress? That's not clear from your post at all.

Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 31, 2022 6:18 pm

So at which point exactly things start to deviate from expected progress? That's not clear from your post at all.
Netinstall can't detect the device, that's why I can't install the firmware, I'm still stuck with no ethernet and no wifi.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 31, 2022 6:37 pm

Is the router found in Neighbors? Perhaps try to connect to it via MAC address?

Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:47 am

Is the router found in Neighbors? Perhaps try to connect to it via MAC address?
Do you mean wifi sir? The router does not transmit SSID.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:22 am

I'm referring to the Neighbors tab page where you can search for MikroTik devices. You have to use a network cable.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:26 am

Which port are you using? The cable must be directly connected from hAP unit port 1 (no other port) to your computer. in the computer, disable wifi and other interfaces, only the LAN interface that is connected to router port 1 must be enabled

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:27 am

I'm referring to the Neighbors tab page where you can search for MikroTik devices. You have to use a network cable.
OP seems to be very inexperienced, so let's try to make things as clear as possible.

Try using winbox, as mentioned by @erlinden the neighbours tab page will display the list of Mikrotik devices found by winbox. If the list remains empty, try connecting computer to different ether ports of your router, discovery isn't allowed through all ports (depending on configuration).
If router does show on the list, try clicking its MAC address ... this way winbox will connect via MAC and will thus bypass any IP configuration problems there might be.

What @normis writes is true for netinstall and the opposite is true for winbox (with default configuration).

Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 am

Which port are you using? The cable must be directly connected from hAP unit port 1 (no other port) to your computer. in the computer, disable wifi and other interfaces, only the LAN interface that is connected to router port 1 must be enabled
I'll try this way thank you. I will feedback later.

Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:05 am

OP seems to be very inexperienced, so let's try to make things as clear as possible.

Try using winbox, as mentioned by @erlinden the neighbours tab page will display the list of Mikrotik devices found by winbox. If the list remains empty, try connecting computer to different ether ports of your router, discovery isn't allowed through all ports (depending on configuration).
If router does show on the list, try clicking its MAC address ... this way winbox will connect via MAC and will thus bypass any IP configuration problems there might be.

What @normis writes is true for netinstall and the opposite is true for winbox (with default configuration).
It worked thank you. But my question is why isn't it detected with 192.168.88.1 in the browser when connected through ethernet?

Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:07 am

Should I reinstall the firmware of this device based on the error?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:33 am

Probably netinstall requires port 1 (which is by default the WAN port and therefor will not have an IP address).
After a succesful netinstall, you should connect to any other port then port 1 to manage the device.

Romneel
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:06 pm

Probably netinstall requires port 1 (which is by default the WAN port and therefor will not have an IP address).
After a succesful netinstall, you should connect to any other port then port 1 to manage the device.
I'll try it. Thank you!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:52 pm

From the links you posted romeel..........
port1.jpg
notport1.JPG

THe link from that line............
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:D ... igurations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.