Community discussions

MikroTik App

JacobK
just joined
Topic Author

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:04 pm

Hello all of you.
I am a complete newbee to the subject, so please show understanding and be patient with me.

I have a mikrotik RouterBOARD extender on my summer-house. However, it is connected with a cable to the main router (since the extender is on another particle of the house).

I had to change the main router, because it was broken. I wasn't there, when the change of the router took place, since I am absent due to my work. Recently, they told me that the extender doesn't have any internet connection. Thus, I went and checked it on my own and the windows solver showed me this message "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration", when I tried to log in to the extender.

I would like to note also here that the plug-in internet from the extender is also not working. Do you have any recommendations on what I can do? The main router has a normal Internet access.
I would be more than pleased if you could be a little more detailed than usual, because I have almost no experience.
I checked some of the other subjects, but unfortunately I don't know neither which software they use, nor do I have a knowledge of brigdes, DHCP etc.

Thank you very much in advance.