Community discussions

MikroTik App

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WINBOX and CRS328-24p

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:01 am

I had a question. Ive been trying to practice so that I could be more efficient with this switch. So I was wondering is there a way I can quickly remove all the tags from one interface on the bridge without have to go to every single vlan and removing the interface from the list from each vlan? maybe something in the commandline ? something sort of like a.. default int gi1/0/1.. like in Cisco..
Been thinking of creating a little notepad with just a string of commands that help me quickly set up ports in the way that I need them. 1 liners that could set up a port how id like it for an access port or for an access point or for a trunk.. etc.. Right now my approach was going to be to take the time to set up the ports in the manner that I like and then run an export on the terminal and them copy them and then apply them whenever I need them,

Thank in advance

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: WINBOX and CRS328-24p

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:04 am

Im concerned about leaving interfaces with tags from other vlans even if I set up the port as

Frame types = admit only untagged and priority tagged. Ingress filtering checked

When the intention is for the port to behave as an access port.. unless the tags dont effect the port from acting weird.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WINBOX and CRS328-24p

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:22 am

Im concerned about leaving interfaces with tags from other vlans even if I set up the port as

Frame types = admit only untagged and priority tagged. Ingress filtering checked

With this setting CRS is upposed to drop any tagged packets on ingress for such port (ingress filtering in this case doesn't bear much relevance, it's relevance is when port is configured as all tagged and the list of allowed VLAN IDs is configured at the other configuration place).
So if your concern is theoretical, then theoretically you should not worry. If your concern is based on observed (mis)behaviour, then you should open bug report with Mikrotik support.