Community discussions

MikroTik App

DaveMikrotik
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi

I have bought an RB5009 and CRS328-24P-4S+RM but haven't set them up yet. I will be creating some VLANs and want to be able to use an Android box that dual boots between Android OS and CoreElec OS. I want to allow the CoreElec to access my server but block the Android OS from accessing the server VLAN. I can assign separate IP addresses to the device per boot OS on the device but it physically has one Ethernet connection to the switch.

I was thinking that I can setup a firewall rule blocking/allowing traffic to the server VLAN from the device according to the IP it is using? Is this possible please?

Thanks

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:16 am

Read my signature.

DaveMikrotik
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:36 am

Read my signature.
Hi, I have read those topics and intend to use some of those principles, but don't see anything in there regarding my use case, unless I'm mistaken?

A single device with two different IP addresses (possibly even mac addresses, haven't checked that) on one switch port having different firewall rules or being put into separate VLANs per IP address is what I'm asking about.

Thanks

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:02 am

You might be able to accomplish your use case by setting different VLAN id's in the dual boot OS-es.
That way you can use VLAN (as linked by @pcunite) on your Routerboard and make the distinction.

DaveMikrotik
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:16 pm

You might be able to accomplish your use case by setting different VLAN id's in the dual boot OS-es.
That way you can use VLAN (as linked by @pcunite) on your Routerboard and make the distinction.
I don't think either of them can be set that way unfortunately. I'm thinking I might have to segregate them on my server firewall