Community discussions

MikroTik App

John1011
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE Kit-US, making sure it's 4G ready

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 am

I have about 600 LHG LTE kit-US deployed. They are connected to one of the major US carriers. I have looked at a unit that is online and see that it says under interface->LTE->Double click on the LTE in field below-> Cellular->Access Technology, it says "Evolved 3G (LTE)". I take it that this means it is running on a 3G network. The carrier we are using is about to stop ALL 3G service and I want to make sure that the 600 units we have deployed will stay running on the 4G (where there is signal of course). The description for this unit on the Mikrotik website is "LHG LTE Kit-US, LHG 3G/4G/LTE High gain 17dbi CPE........". As a test, I tried to see if I could manually put it on 4G. I tried to go to, interface->LTE->Double click on the LTE in field below->General->Network Mode and unchecked the GSM and 3G options leaving only the LTE option checked. Rebooted the device and came back to check and it still says Evolved 3G under Access Technology. So it appears I don't know how to make it run on the 4G if this is possible.

My general questions are:
Will the unit automatically switch to 4G when the 3G is not available? Does it depend on the modem in the unit or the sim card?

This change takes place in less than a month and I need to make sure I don't have 600 units go down at once.

Thank you very much for your knowledge, time, and help,

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG LTE Kit-US, making sure it's 4G ready

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:28 am

What's written between brackets? L-T-E?

Evolved 3G = LTE = 4G

https://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/pre ... 10/48.aspx