Community discussions

MikroTik App

lspzj
just joined
Topic Author

Suggestions for new versions of winbox

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:48 am

I hope that winbox can customize the save window color when multi-host windows,
In this way, different hosts can be distinguished to prevent misoperation.
5.jpg
My English is not good, this is machine translation. Please forgive me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Suggestions for new versions of winbox

Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:54 am

Every window has is own title, is like you pretend than each file, of same type, inside one folder,
must be written on different color because you are too lazy to read the file name...

And next step what is? Save the color of the window? For same device? And when the color is similar or identical? Etc.

Nice that you have censored the title of the windows... because otherwise they are recognizable...

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:15 am

rextended ... this idea is not as "stupid" as you suggest. It is a partial or even big step to the awaited DarkMode.
If only a WinBox could define and use own pallete per session saved when you exit then it would be a big change in a usabilty of WinBox.
There are not to many elements for redefining color in Winbox so palette shouldn't be too big to define and there should be no complanis the the default color mode is badly chosen ... everyone could be able to tweak it according to own needs.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:37 pm

This could be implemented very easily:
See that blue bar on the left that says "RouterOS Winbox"? Simply allow user to pick new hue tint for saved profiles and on connect, adjust hue of this bitmap accordingly. No need to mess with GUI or do anything else. I have done this in one of my programs with just GDI functions and bit of code to do the HLS pixel adjustment, don't need any fancy graphics libraries etc.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:09 pm

I for one never liked when they, for no good reason, changed title bars of child windows from system color to hardcoded blue. So I vote to have that configurable (and the left bar should be derived from that too for aesthetic purposes). And if it's per-session, it's actually useful functionality. You can have some default, blue, green, whatever you like, and then if for critical routers you choose something very different like red, you'll have it always in your face and know that you should be extra careful. Even if you're half asleep, you won't overlook that.

lspzj
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:39 pm

Every window has is own title, is like you pretend than each file, of same type, inside one folder,
must be written on different color because you are too lazy to read the file name...

And next step what is? Save the color of the window? For same device? And when the color is similar or identical? Etc.

Nice that you have censored the title of the windows... because otherwise they are recognizable...
My English is not good, this is machine translation,
The color I say is an inspiration,
You can use a light background color on the title bar or border,
Colors can be saved with each machine's profile,