Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nils
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with multiple OVPN Client Interfaces

Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:24 pm

I own a hap Ac3 running RoutterOS 7.3 and I'm trying to do the following. I only have one single IP Adress at home. Since I need more i set up 4 VMs with a cloud provider that offers a static IP Address per VM. On those 4 VMs I'm running 4 OpenVPN Servers. Each of the client configs uses a different IP Address. (VM1 10.0.8.10, VM2 10.0.8.20, VM3 10.0.8.30, VM4 10.0.8.40)
I added the 4 OpenVPN profiles to my Mikrotik router and I can connect to all of them perfectly fine. If I do a port forward (NAT) from the first OVPN Interface to my webserver I can access it through the public IP of the first VM and the same for the other 3 VMs. As soon as I have two of the OVPN interfaces enabled it just stops working. With only individual OVPN interfaces enabled it works finde but as soon as I enable a second one it stops working and I can no longer access my website from the public IP of the VM that I have forwarded (I am obviously only port forwarding one OVPN Interface at a time, if the others are only enabled it just stops) What do I need to change to my approach? Do I somehow need to block traffic between OVPN interfaces
Thanks for any advice