Community discussions

MikroTik App

Arastus001
just joined
Topic Author

FIREWALL AND SPAM PROTECTION(RouterOS v6.47.8 (stable))

Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:51 am

Good morning team kindly can some help me on how to add some firewall rule on my Router and how to remove it from Blacklisted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: FIREWALL AND SPAM PROTECTION(RouterOS v6.47.8 (stable))

Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:51 pm

For the first question, what is that question, what rules, for what? Random?

For the second, contact directly spfbl or see that website for instruction of how you can be removed.

inteq

Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:09 pm

Playing the bad cop here: if you need to ask how to remove your mail server from a blacklist, I strongly advise you should think about getting a service from the big guys in the business.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:09 pm

Good morning team kindly can some help me on how to add some firewall rule on my Router and how to remove it from Blacklisted
As @rextended wrote, the requirement regarding firewall rules is unclear. You can use firewall rules to block spam traffic from some of your clients, but that only makes sense as a temporary measure until you identify the client device actually sending spam and fix it. But maybe you had in mind how to protect the router itself?

Anyway, leaving aside that spfbl.net's web is broken (most of its pages throw errors in Spanish) - when you let them "check your IP", they tell you that you have been blacklisted, as they do a reverse DNS search to translate your IP address to a domain name, find out that there is no corresponding MX record for the domain name they get in the reverse DNS response, and explain that "This IP was flagged due to misconfiguration of the e-mail service or the suspicion that there is no MTA at it." In another words, any public IP served by an upstream provider for which no MX record exists in the domain gets blacklisted as soon as you query them. So unless you intend to indeed send e-mails from this address to SMTP servers that check the source domain using spfbl.net, you can ignore the fact that your address has been blaclisted with them.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:15 pm

@sindy (do not check only if the SFP TXT record on mail server exist or not?)