Community discussions

MikroTik App

AZJack
just joined
Topic Author

LHG5 can connect in lab but not discoverable in real network?

Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:56 pm

Newb here that needs some help. I am a Tech II at for municipality and we are trying out the LHG dished vs Unifi. I configured a couple LHG5 dishes in our "lab" environment (really our office) and it is discovered by Winbox and I can ping it and they can also talk with the far side just being wireless. When I plug one of the dishes into our network I cannot ping it and Winbox doesn't see it either. My "lab" enviroment the near dish is plugged into a USB network adaptor set on the same subnet as I configured the dish. Below is a basic diagram and images of my config. I need some help on this or even directed to a previous post of what I am probably configuring wrong.

My basic "lab" setup where the dishes can communicate .

USB ethernet adaptor > LHG5 Dish ========= LHG5 Dish # 2 (only POE powered)
(192.168.13.250) (192.168.13.245) (192.168.13.246)

This is the setup where I cannot ping the dish or see it with Winbox.

Network switch > LHG5 Dish
With this setup I connected the dish to our network switch and the PC I tried to ping the dish from is on the same network.

[
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
This is the network port I am plugging it into
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chadd

Re: LHG5 can connect in lab but not discoverable in real network?

Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:08 am

You probably already have but you need to make sure that the PC you are plugging into the mikrotik has an IP address assigned to the interface that is plugged into the mikrotik. So if there is no DHCP server available to the PC interface you will have to manually assign an address to it. If you don't have an IP on it it will not be able to discover the mikrotik plugged into it even the mac address.

AZJack
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LHG5 can connect in lab but not discoverable in real network?

Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:52 am

SOLVED: I had to add VLAN 1 as tagged to the switch port I am putting this on for it to be visible on the network.