Community discussions

MikroTik App

Maczyk
just joined
Topic Author

Creating connection between two external servers/endpoints?

Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:07 pm

Hello,
I am trying to connect two servers with each other. Servers do not know about each other.
"Server #1" destination will be "My Mikrotik Router" and Mikrotik should create connection between "Server #1" and "Server #2".

I have no access to "Server #2". Traffic between "My Mikrotik Router" and "Server #2" is allowed but traffic between "Server #1" and "Server #2" is not.

What should I do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Creating connection between two external servers/endpoints?

Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:29 pm

You haven't given details on how exactly the VPN between Server #2 and the Mikrotik looks like (or whether there is a VPN at all), so the advice can also be only a vague one - the Mikrotik must src-nat the traffic from Server 1 to its own address known by Server 2 when forwarding traffic from Server 1 to Server 2. And if there si not a VPN between Server 1 and Mikrotik, you'll need also dst-nat rules to redirect traffic from Server 1 coming to Mikrotik's own address to the address of Server 2 at which Server 2 accepts incoming connections from the Mikrotik.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Creating connection between two external servers/endpoints?

Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:56 pm

i think an additional scr-nat is needed for this to work

and of course firewall rules to allow this kind of traffic