Community discussions

MikroTik App

jaytcsd
Topic Author

2.4 GHz not giving IPs

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:41 am

I have the same setup on 2 RB-962 / hAP ac routerboards but for some reason the 2.4 GHz interface isn't working on the one I'm on now.
I've rebooted the router a few times but no change. My phone sees the 2.4 guest SSID but can't get an IP, this works fine on my home router.
The 2.4 GHz interface shows up as a disabled port in the bridge window.
My thermostat and other devices only have 2.4 so 5 GHz is not an option.

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2.4 GHz not giving IPs

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am

The interface shows as "not running" or "disabled"? If it's showing as "disabled", then you have to enable it. If it's showing as "not running", then that's because no wireless clients are connected.

Either way, please post anonymized text export of your config: execute /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish, fetch the resulting file, open it with text editor of your choice and obfuscate any remaining sensitive data, such as wireless passwords, public WAN IP address and device serial number (simply replace that with invalid data, but do it consistently ... don't just remove the lines). Then post it inside [code] [/code] block to make things more readable.