Community discussions

MikroTik App

amobasher
Topic Author

Script for auto generate hotspot users

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:01 pm

Hi
is there any way to auto-generate hotspot users' access and the user name and password to be generated based on data existing on excel sheet,
the attached excel file will be updated frequently and needs a way to update the Mikrotik hotspot user list based on the excel file automaticly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Script for auto generate hotspot users

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:30 pm

Dear Amr,
I do not think Excel is the correct instruent to create users for the Hotel.
Usually some CRM programs have some API for interact with RouterOS for create hotspot users,
but something that start from a Excel file, for what I know, do not exist.
I hope that some users who are reading the forum have already done so and share it.

May the peace be with you.

amobasher
Topic Author

Re: Script for auto generate hotspot users

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:05 pm

Dear rextended
Thank you for your interest and response. Dealing with the hotel’s PMS is complicated and requires expensive licenses for integrations. I am looking for an alternative solution, as we are already working on Mikrotik and we generate hotspot users manually. I can export the guest data from the PMS to an xml file and then import that data to an excel file and with some formulas, the Mikrotik script becomes ready to run on Mikrotik.
I found Mikrotik App "Mikhmon" which is an open-source app and it's missing only a function to generate hotspot users from a file that can be uploaded including the proper command to be run on Mikrotik or oven connect the Mikrotik with an SQL DB to generate the users access.