Community discussions

MikroTik App

Aashu10
just joined
Topic Author

Winbox keeps disconnecting

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am

I am very new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this on the wrong sub forum. So I recently bought a Groove Ga 52HPacn. I am using Winbox to connect to the device (the device is freshly reset).
I am able to get the mac address on the Winbox but the IP address on the winbox of the device is 0.0.0.0. So I thought I can configure this inside the Winbox. So when I connect to the device, it connects perfectly but within 4-5 seconds it disconnects. This keeps happening. I have reset the device multiple times. But the problem persists. I cannot even use webconfig because I don't know the IP address. If anyone can guide me with this. It would be helpful

I am currently using WinBox v3.17, I suppose this is the latest version and according to update release this version should actually solve the bug of disconnecting. But this bug is still there. I'd appreciate greatly if anyone can help me solve my problem.

Thank you in advance
Aashu10

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox keeps disconnecting

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:45 am

Have you tried search function of this forum?

search.php?keywords=Winbox+keeps+disconnecting

jbarbieri

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 pm

That just happened to me last night.

Turns out my PC had an IP conflict with another PC on the network. I manually set my PC IP outside the DHCP range to solve.

asuresh77
just joined

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 am

THIS WORKED FOR ME, PROBLEM [SOLVED]

In my case "quick set" opened window was causing disconnection.
As soon as connect I hit "ESC" key to close windows opened in WINBOX, PROBLEM was solved

metalhead
just joined

Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:50 pm

For me it was the router IP was in outer range of the dhcp leased IP.

For eg DHCP lease IP were 192.168.88.10 to 192.168.88.254.
My router IP was 192.168.88.1.

I change my router IP from 192.168.88.11, (that is the IP is inside the range of DHCP lease), the frequent disconnect was not there.
Try using webfig to configure these setting.

cheers

greek
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 pm

THIS WORKED FOR ME, PROBLEM [SOLVED]

In my case "quick set" opened window was causing disconnection.
As soon as connect I hit "ESC" key to close windows opened in WINBOX, PROBLEM was solved
Thank you very much! It's really work for me

Additional advice: Try to press ESC or (Ctrl+D) sometimes, it's helped me.

Machello

Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:39 am

Remember to click on Solved for the post that resolved you're problem.

jouellette
just joined

Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:32 pm

I experience this issue anytime I try to connect to a device using the MAC Address. This is incredibly frustrating since the disconnect happens faster than I am able to perform any changes on the device. This has been consistent for me on both 4011 and 2011's as well as the Hex's. I have tried hitting escape. I have tried going into quick set. I try to go through the menu to completely reset the config but I'm not fast enough to do this. I have tried manually resetting on the 2011's screen but it keeps the default config.

My main issue is that I am trying to configure new routers that are connected to an existing 4011 with the default IP scheme. It automatically conflicts with the default config and I'm unable to connect via IP. I thought this is what connecting via MAC was designed for but this seems like a useless feature if it only allows connection for a few seconds. Does anyone have any advice that is not changing the default IP scheme on the main router?

--------------------------------- EDIT -----------------------------------
I was able to use the MAC Telnet from the main 4011 and telnet into the 2011 that was giving me issues. Doing it this way I am able to remove the default configuration and setup an initial configuration that will allow me to connect via winbox. I wanted to update my post with this work-around. Note that this will only work if connecting through another mikrotik device. I am still looking for any information on being able to use the MAC Address connect in winbox without it constantly disconnecting.
Last edited by jouellette on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stowing0855
just joined

Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:34 am

I had this problem after reducing the MTU on Windows 11. Winbox MAC disconnected after a few seconds. Winbox IP worked just fine. Resetting the MTU to 1500 solved the problem.

Admin Powershell:
netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "interface name" mtu=1500 store=persistent

eddizy
just joined

Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:17 pm

This post below from Stowing resolve the problem! Thanks.
I had this problem after reducing the MTU on Windows 11. Winbox MAC disconnected after a few seconds. Winbox IP worked just fine. Resetting the MTU to 1500 solved the problem.

Admin Powershell:
netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "interface name" mtu=1500 store=persistent