Community discussions

MikroTik App

deivisonmoraes
just joined
Topic Author

best way to high density wireless mikrotik AP

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:44 pm

Hello, we are access providers in rural areas and I would like to know the best way for a good service structure for 10, 15 and 20 Mb/s plans in 360° clients.

Currently we use ominitik but we noticed a low total capacity, something around 30~40Mb/s is enough to slow down the clients.

My initial idea is to put 4 antennas of 90° forming 360° with 2 922AC but I am in doubt if it will be enough.

I would like to know if there is any way for the 2 routerboards to work with the cards synchronized like this using the same ssids and frequency.

Well, this is a shallow doubt taking into account the amount of information but you can assume that we are respecting the distances and the quality of the signal for service. I'd like to hear about some success stories. We currently have around 120 multipoint service points with mikrotik.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: best way to high density wireless mikrotik AP

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm

Not a wisp guy but read a lot of threads, the gist is the last mile is the hard part.
Until MT provides wifi6E etc............ I am not sure its the right end to end solution.
MT certainly gets you there with 60ghz products for example but then you have to distribute the signal locally.
Hopefully others with experience will chime in and trash my comments, which is fine with me LOL.