Community discussions

MikroTik App

rick19810
just joined
Topic Author

The ACT LED means...what?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:14 pm

What is the ACT LED trying to tell me? I know it blinks as part of the reset procedure, but what else does it do? What does ACT stand for?

I just had an instance where I had to reset on one of my two RB260GS units. Following the reset, the reset unit's ACT LED was on solid. The other units ACT LED was not. In addition, the two units weren't passing data. Either unit, when connected directly to the PC, could be pinged and logged onto, but the second unit, when connected to the first, was unreachable. But after a firmware update to bring the reset unit back up to the latest version (both units were now on the same version), the ACT LED went out.

What does "ACT" short for, and what does it mean when the LED is on solid?

tmcnulty1982
just joined

Re: The ACT LED means...what?

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:53 pm

Not sure what it means, but I had a solid ACT light when I accidentally held down the reset button too long on my RB260GS, or something else went awry, and the switch went back to its 2.0p factory firmware. It might appear bricked because that version doesn't support DHCP, it just defaults to 192.168.88.1.

After figuring this out and upgrading to the latest firmware again, DHCP is restored and the ACT light is off again.