Community discussions

MikroTik App

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

LICENSE ISSUE

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi all

i have purchased licence for level 6 just few days back and have install x86 routeros on vmware

but due to some technical issue in hdd the data has been lost

can i get that key in another mikrotik ( becoz i have installed new router os after attaching new hdd i can paste my old key )

secondly i have exported that key which i was buyed few days back should i try to import that key on newly install router os will it be helpfull

please respond asap otherwise my money will be lost

darkprocess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: LICENSE ISSUE

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Contact support

darkprocess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:01 pm

Why you did’nt use the CHR version ?

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Why you did’nt use the CHR version ?
before i was using router os on vmware

but now i have directly install on pc becoz no need of vmware now

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Contact support
when contacting support i cant find any option to of contact support form about licence

so i found this is best place where even support of mikrotik replies here

darkprocess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 pm

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:11 am

Story about licenses goes like this:

1) CHR

- If you purchase a paid license, then it can never disappear. If you make a new CHR installation or change CHR machine parameters and system ID changes, then you can move previous paid license to new installation on your mikrotik.com account.

2) x86

- If you use pure x86 installation, then re-install process must be always done through Netinstall in order to not lose license. If you do not use Netinstall or change hardware parts of device, then old license will not work and you have to contact company from which you purchased this key. Not the support, but the company from which you purchased this key.
- If you use VM, then license will be lost if you change main configuration of VM and you will have to contact seller of the license in order to obtain a new one. Not the support, but the company from which you purchased this key.

3) RouterBOARD

- If you lose license on RouterBOARD, then you most likely did downgrade device below minimal supported RouterOS version. Upgrade device to the latest version and license will be back by itself.
- If you did not downgrade device but lost key, then contact support. Provide supout file from your router generated on latest RouterOS version (so we can be sure that the problem is not the one mentioned in previous point) and if it was lost due to software issues, then we will provide a new license to you.
- If neither of both previously mentioned points apply, then either you or the seller of the device did repair router incorrectly which voids warranty and new license will not be provided to you. You have either to repair device properly or contact the seller of device and request explanation if repairs were not made by yourself.

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am

1) CHR

- If you purchase a paid license, then it can never disappear. If you make a new CHR installation or change CHR machine parameters and system ID changes, then you can move previous paid license to new installation on your mikrotik.com account.

2) x86

- If you use pure x86 installation, then re-install process must be always done through Netinstall in order to not lose license. If you do not use Netinstall or change hardware parts of device, then old license will not work and you have to contact company from which you purchased this key. Not the support, but the company from which you purchased this key.
- If you use VM, then license will be lost if you change main configuration of VM and you will have to contact seller of the license in order to obtain a new one. Not the support, but the company from which you purchased this key.

3) RouterBOARD

- If you lose license on RouterBOARD, then you most likely did downgrade device below minimal supported RouterOS version. Upgrade device to the latest version and license will be back by itself.
- If you did not downgrade device but lost key, then contact support. Provide supout file from your router generated on latest RouterOS version (so we can be sure that the problem is not the one mentioned in previous point) and if it was lost due to software issues, then we will provide a new license to you.
- If neither of both previously mentioned points apply, then either you or the seller of the device did repair router incorrectly which voids warranty and new license will not be provided to you. You have either to repair device properly or contact the seller of device and request explanation if repairs were not made by yourself.
thank you very much for info

but to whom i should contact becoz i am purchaser i have purchased direct from mikrotik i have account with them

it was about 250usd level6 licence it will huge loss for me
i have done mail to support i was not knowing about this netinstall system

now show me some way how can i recover my licence otherwise my 250usd will be wasted

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: LICENSE ISSUE  [SOLVED]

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:45 pm

In your case, if you purchased device directly from us, then the seller is MikroTik. You have to write to support@mikrotik.com. If you purchase license from distributor company X, then you have to contact this company X. If you purchase device in Amazon, then you can try to contact seller and reach some agreement with them, but no company will provide new license if you did not purchase directly form them.

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 pm

In your case, if you purchased device directly from us, then the seller is MikroTik. You have to write to support@mikrotik.com. If you purchase license from distributor company X, then you have to contact this company X. If you purchase device in Amazon, then you can try to contact seller and reach some agreement with them, but no company will provide new license if you did not purchase directly form them.
yes sir i have done mail from my official email id from where i purchased

waiting for reply i done yesterday

saif9892
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 pm

i got answer from support i got email now

thanks for showing way

mahdialimohammadi
just joined

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:59 am

1) CHR

2) x86

3) RouterBOARD

---------
hello dear support
if I extend my virtual disk and migrate from one host to another host my license be damaged?
can I backup my license, for example, take a full clone from VM and it will be safe for system-id change and license issue?
system-id is dependent on what, which changes may affect system-id and may change it?
tnx a lot

mahdialimohammadi
just joined

Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:32 pm

Hello again
I have another question
I bought a license and purchased with account login
if I backed up my chr VM and then remove VM and restore it from backup in the same or another host my license will be removed?
can you tell system-id base on which parameter?
if my system-id change can I change it to the previous id?