Community discussions

MikroTik App

asavoy
just joined
Topic Author

Really need help with setup

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 pm

I'm new to Mikrotik and Router OS, and I've hit a wall. I'm coming from a Cisco and Meraki setup.

Basics- I have an fibre ASE connection with 5 total sites that collect at a separate 6th site (COE). The main L3 switch is a Cisco Catalyst 9200L with SVI VLANs to separate the sites, and OSPF for routing.

I chose Mikrotik CCR1036-8G-2S+ to replace Meraki edge switches at each site as we're moving to 10G bandwidth. The Mikrotik needs to communicate with the Cisco via the SFP1 port.

OSPF used- OSPF 100, Area 28 (this is assigned by the COE). Example site uses untagged VLAN502 for site-to-COE connectivity, then untagged VLAN562 for the LAN.

I've tried everything that I've been able to research about Router OS 7 OSPF setup and cannot get the Mikrotik to see the routes. Ping to the next hop timeout, and ping to any other IP say no route. I have a deadline this week to get it working, so I'm desperate for help!

jbl42
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Really need help with setup

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:05 pm

Ping to the next hop timeout, and ping to any other IP say no route. I have a deadline this week to get it working, so I'm desperate for help!
I have a deadline this week to get it working, so I'm desperate for help!
No ROS version, no config export, no details on your setup, nothing about what you tried.
But committed to a deadline for a brand you never used before...
How is the forum supposed to help you?

Sounds like you better hire someone whith the required knowledge.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:41 pm

asavoy
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:59 pm

I felt it best to be brief with my original posting.

Specific ROS is v7.3.1

FWIW, I've lost track of many different setups I've tried. That's how I learn, starting from scratch and trying different approaches. Things I have done, besides the basics of IP (and not via quick set)- Setup VLAN Bridging, Loopback, OSPF Interface Template, and more. I will start over again tomorrow and document better. Honestly, I think I'm just missing something relatively simple, hence coming here for guidance.

I will upload a config export tomorrow when I'm at work, as today is a holdiay.