Community discussions

MikroTik App

TracesOfNut
just joined
Topic Author

Multiple Powerbox Pros - poe-out supplying power, but no traffic

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:17 am

Hi,

This is a problem I think we have had for while now. At the moment it is happening on two of our Power Box Pro's and recently happened on a third.

The port that is powering an access point ( groove or capLite ) shows voltage and current consistent with the device that is connected. The device can't be accessed. A cable test shows a short circuit on the last two pairs. I assume this means wires 5,6 and 7,8. I would think that a short curcuit on these wires at 23v would draw more than 100mA.

These two routers and their access points have been working ok for a year or so. I find it strange that both routers have the same shorted pairs.

The same thing occured at another location a month ago. It resolved itself a few days later possible after a few overnight power outages. We had a lot of problems a year or two ago with the shorter Powerbox version with access points doing the same thing, but having to be netinstalled.

Both are on the 6.48.6. Has anyone had any other similar problems with the PowerBox family?

regards

Justin.

TracesOfNut
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Multiple Powerbox Pros - poe-out supplying power, but no traffic

Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:46 am

UPDATE:

I just found another Powerbox that was working over the weekend and is now doing the same thing.

The cable test shows the same shorted pairs and the AP attaches is drawing power, but no data transfer is possible.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:25 pm

Powerbox Pro is 1000Mbs port, cAP Lite is 100Mbps port. Anything based on that ?

https://www.utepo.net/article/detail/392.html

mito
just joined

Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:51 pm

same issue here, any updates?

TracesOfNut
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:40 am

Hi Mito,

When you have that problem, is the connected device still working as normal when connected to another router?

Justin.

TracesOfNut
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:44 am

Powerbox Pro is 1000Mbs port, cAP Lite is 100Mbps port. Anything based on that ?

https://www.utepo.net/article/detail/392.html
We have other Groove radios connected the same way and they are working ok.

mito
just joined

Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:36 am

Hi Mito,

When you have that problem, is the connected device still working as normal when connected to another router?

Justin.
powerbox pro is in the middle of network powering cameras and router (wap60), i am able to connect to wap over wireless but no connection to rest of the network, some ARP entries (cameras) are on ether1, thats all