Community discussions

MikroTik App

ChrisCCC
just joined
Topic Author

L3 offloading with double tagging

Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:25 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently looking into the requirements and limitations for L3 hardware offloading with a CCR2216. I understand that it's possible to offload a VLAN interface, but is the switch chip capable of operating on double tagged VLANs?

We have NNIs with multiple carriers presenting leased line circuits for our customers. All carrier traffic is encapsulated into a VLAN on ingress to our network and each customer then has a VLAN inside this. The customer VLANs can and do overlap between the carriers, so it's not viable to present the customer VLANs directly on our switches.

On our CCRs we then have an interface representing the applicable carrier VLAN and a child VLAN interface for each customer within. An example of how this might look is below.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 112056.png

I'm fully anticipating that offloading this won't be possible, but thought I'd ask the question in case there was a way.

Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.