Community discussions

MikroTik App

Aquifel
just joined
Topic Author

Devices on switch fail to connect ~15 mins after reboot.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:19 am

Hey all, this is one I haven't seen before.

I have a Mikrotik Router here, connected to an unmanaged switch. All devices on the switch just dropped unexpectedly recently and I haven't been able to maintain a connection since. No recent config changes (in months).

The issue i'm having is that today, all devices connected to the unmanaged switch stopped connecting. If I reboot the switch, these devices will start working and continue working for about 10-15 minutes then stop again. Normally, i'd say the switch is the problem, but after swapping out the switch, the issue remains the same. Cables from router to switch have also been changed to new, and port used on the mikrotik router itself has also been changed (and the ports work when other devices are plugged in. From everything I can see, it looks like a physical disconnect of the switch after the restart grace period elapses, but i'm at a loss for what to diagnose now.

The router itself seems to report no issues and the only interesting items in the logs are a huge amount of dhcp unassigned/reassigned notices and some interface logins. The ports themselves on the router seem to work, just not when they're connected to a switch. The individual devices seem to work when connected directly to the router. The cables seem to work individually as well. Everything seems to work individually, just not in this configuration.