Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jenswizzard
just joined
Topic Author

Noob Routing Question with CAPsMAN

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:02 pm

Hello everyone,
I've got some decent sized Mikrotik Home Network with a RB4011iGS+ as Router behind a Fritzbox (for Internet Access and as Telephone System), 9 WiFi APs, configured via Capsman and 5 Switches.
In the Capsman - Config, I created 3 different SSIDs, one Main WiFi, one IoT WiFi for things like Shelly relays and one Guest WiFi, each running their own credentials and broadcast - domains. From what I could tell, the Capsman Config is working fine, I get all my 3 SSIDs everywhere on my property. Then, I created some routes on the RB4011 to give all WiFis Internet access, just by using IP-->Routes in Winbox. This is seemingly working, but there are glitches in there. For example, on my IoT Wifi, I got lots of Shellys and want them to be able to talk with my home automation system, which is on the Main WiFis Broadcast domain, although it's connected via cable. The connection and Data - Transmission works fine, but I want to use some HTTP Get request from my Shellys to give some feedback to my control system. The Shelly is just sending an URL with the IP of my control system on Port 9000. However, in the routing, the source IP address gets replaced by the gateways IP address so the control system won't know what device sent the feedback. How and where would I configure a route where this won't happen?
192.168.104.0/24 is the broadcast domain of my fritzbox, 192.168.110.0/24 is my main WiFi, 192.168.111.0/24 is my IoT WiFi and 192.168.112.0/24 is my guest WiFi. I haven't set up anything in the Firewall yet, since it's all work in progress still.....

Thanks

Jens
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.