Community discussions

MikroTik App

iighite
just joined
Topic Author

Dropping Internet

Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:18 am

Hi, My Mikrotik hEX RB750Gr3 5-port Ethernet Gigabit Router for a month now is intermittently dropping my internet connection. I never know when it's going to happen but it drops my connection and in a few seconds it eventually connects back to the internet. Not certain what is causing it. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

jvanhambelgium
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Dropping Internet

Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:39 am

Euh .... check logs ?? Interface / PPPoE "flapping" ?
You could also configure "netwatch" and perform ping to the next-hop (= ISP equipment) so that could reveal something too.
"Dropping Internet" could also be caused by DNS resolution failures ect,etc.

What did you investigate yourself already ?

iighite
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:35 am

I'm a newbie at this... router stuff. I am not technically challenged though. What I have done so far is troubleshooted from Switch and Modem and the issue is always only with router. That is I connected ethernet directly to modem to laptop and never had issue. And I have eliminated the switch and directly connected to Router to laptop... and the issue happens with the router. Let me know how to test on the router to determine the issue. Thank you :)

iighite
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Euh .... check logs ?? Interface / PPPoE "flapping" ?
You could also configure "netwatch" and perform ping to the next-hop (= ISP equipment) so that could reveal something too.
"Dropping Internet" could also be caused by DNS resolution failures ect,etc.

What did you investigate yourself already ?
This is what my log stated when it went down.... does this make any sense?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by iighite on Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:04 pm

Either your WAN port is eth2 or your pc/whatever other hardware is connected to eth2. In case of the latter, you might want to check network interface drivers and cabling.
Post actual configuration ... run /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish, fetch file, open it in text editor and redact any remaining sensitive information (such as serial number, any wireless passwords, public IP addresses) and paste it here.

iighite
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:59 pm

Either your WAN port is eth2 or your pc/whatever other hardware is connected to eth2. In case of the latter, you might want to check network interface drivers and cabling.
Post actual configuration ... run /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish, fetch file, open it in text editor and redact any remaining sensitive information (such as serial number, any wireless passwords, public IP addresses) and paste it here.
Ok port 2 is my laptop connected via ethernet cable and I have changed out the cables and get same issue... so I need to check drivers on Laptop?
Thanks

iighite
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:12 pm

What drivers am I looking for because in computer management I haven't found any issues. I'm using Windows 10 on that laptop.